Today's Interview: EKCEP Michael Cornett on Unemployment Claims, Employment Services
Today's interview features Michael Cornett, Director of Agency Expansion of Eastern Kentucky Concentrated Employment Program (EKCEP.)
From unemployment help for Eastern Kentuckians to enrolling for employment services, Cornett gives advice and assistance to those affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
For assistance with unemployment or to enroll for career and employment services during normal business hours, you may contact one of the following partners based upon your county of residence:
· Bell-Whitley CAA (Bell County): 606-337-3044
· Big Sandy Area CAP (Floyd, Johnson, Magoffin, Martin, and Pike counties): 606-789-2857
· Daniel Boone CAA (Clay and Jackson counties): 606-598-5127
· Gateway CA (Menifee and Morgan counties): 606-743-3133
· Harlan CAA (Harlan County): 606-573-5335, extensions 237, 236, 241, or 233
· KCEOC CAP (Knox County): 606-546-2639
· LKLP CAC (Knott, Leslie, Letcher, and Perry counties): 606-436-3161
· Middle Kentucky CAP (Breathitt, Lee, Owsley, and Wolfe counties): 606-666-2369
· Northeast Kentucky CAP (Carter, Elliott, and Lawrence counties): 606-638-4949
If you live within the EKCEP workforce area (counties listed above), you may also apply for unemployment benefits by calling, toll free, 1-888-503-1423.
Public radio journalism like this story is made possible by support from our listeners.
Please consider making a contribution.