Zombies will again patrol Lexington Main Street this weekend
The kickoff to Lexington’s Halloween event period shifts into high gear this weekend. The Freaky Friday Flick showing of Nightmare Before Christmas will run Friday night at Masterson Station Park and a Halloween Printmaking Workshop Saturday at the Carver School.
The kickoff to Lexington’s Halloween event period shifts into high gear this weekend. The Freaky Friday Flick showing of Nightmare Before Christmas will run Friday night at Masterson Station Park and a Halloween Printmaking Workshop Saturday at the Carver School. Parks and Recreation Information Office Supervisor Paul Hooper said the Thriller re-enactment returns Sunday night down on Main Street. “That’s definitely the premier event and something that the city has grown to love, embrace. It’s something that really sets us apart from so many other cities because we’ve gotten nationally recognized through Oprah magazine, USA Today, all these different groups,” said Hooper.
The Thriller zombie parade will feature five different Michaels this year.
Hooper said the Jack-o-lantern Trail at McConnell Springs will run from October 27th through the 30th.
New this Halloween season is Dia de los Muertos event November first at Valley Park. Trick or treat in Lexington is set for October 31st from six to eight.
More about Halloween events with Lexington Parks and Recreation's Paul Hooper:
· Freaky Friday Flicks (Nightmare Before Christmas) – Oct. 22, Masterson Station Park
· Halloween Printmaking Workshop – Oct. 23, Artworks at the Carver School
· Jack-o-lantern Trail Pumpkin Drop-Off – Oct. 23-26, McConnell Springs Park
· Thriller & Halloween Parade and Festival – Oct. 24, Downtown
· Jack-o-lantern Trail – Oct. 27-30, McConnell Springs Park
· Trick-or-Treat – 6 – 8 p.m., Oct. 31,
· Dia de los Muertos – Nov. 1, Valley Park
· Freaky Friday Flicks (rescheduled showing of Gremlins) – Nov. 5, Moondance Amphitheater
· To view a full event schedule and find out more information about upcoming events, residents are encouraged to visit LexingtonKY.gov/calendar.